Who We Are
Goode Health is a purpose driven health & wellness company on a mission to create simple, effective, and science-based solutions to help people live a longer and healthier life. Our wellness products are clean, affordable, and deliver measurable outcomes that optimize health for the everyday consumer. We’re making personalized health solutions that seamlessly fit into consumers’ increasingly busy lives, because we believe that optimal health and vitality should be accessible to all.
Unlike generic, one-size-fits-all wellness fads, which may work for one person but not another, Goode Health develops health recommendations based on an individual’s unique biology, metabolism and personal goals. Goode Health takes the guesswork and confusion out of what supplements are right for you by creating an individualized nutrition blueprint for and delivering a physician formulated personalized powdered blend of superfoods right to your doorstep.
The Goode Health team is composed of board-certified physicians, scientists, health advisors, technologists, registered dietitians, and business leaders. Goode Health is backed by Palm Ventures.
We are seeking a passionate and world class product management professional to build out our product team. The ideal candidate will have extensive consumer product experience, strong technical aptitude, and superior leadership skills. You have a history of shipping successful products, the analytical abilities to evaluate market opportunities and their potential financial returns. As the first head of product, you will be a key decision maker and leader in guiding the direction of the company.
You will be responsible for developing a comprehensive product road map, documenting detailed requirements and user stories, prioritization and sequencing resource allocation, and coordinating execution across multiple stakeholders to ensure efficient, high quality, and on-time delivery. This is a tremendous opportunity to scale an early-stage startup in a category seeing explosive growth. You will be accountable for key topline metrics and will collaborate across Goode’s lean team to translate the product roadmap into a world class product that delights our customers and keeps them coming back. You must be a creative thinker and hands-on, pragmatic leader and builder capable of flexing from strategic to scrappy. You are knowledgeable about technology infrastructures.
- Lead, mentor and manage an outsourced team of developers and product managers
- Lead, define, and represent the product strategy & roadmap and partner with C-level staff and other stakeholders
- Own UX design efforts supporting product iterations (may be external and/or internal)
- Own product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all product lines
- Identify key trends affecting consumer health in the next 3, 5, and 10 years
- Assess and manage product development sprints and enhancement opportunities
- Collaborate with the marketing team to define pricing and competitive positioning for each product
- Understand the evolving product mix in the marketplace and identify potential strategic partnerships for complementary product offerings
- Enable the collection, management, storage, and processing of large data sets through backend systems integrations
- Build and expand upon a full set of content and merchandising capabilities to allow the ecommerce team to do more, faster, with limited development support
- Develop an understanding of the voice of the customer and customer personas
- Conduct user research and usability studies to identify bugs, pain points and areas to optimize the user journey
- Lead market research, validation, and whitespace discovery to identify opportunities for new features and functionality
- Manage a diverse and continuously evolving pipeline of backlog ideas
- Own requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, feature development, and user acceptance testing
- Improve quality by establishing and optimizing a robust quality assurance process
- Take steps to mitigate unnecessary risk and external dependencies that could negatively impact the customer experience
- Create a culture of accountability, quality, agility, operational excellence, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of excellent product and technical talent
Experience We’re Looking For
- BS in Biology, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in product management, working with mobile consumer products at high growth startups
- 5+ years of hands-on product experience, including leading and mentoring product managers
- Demonstrated track record of success building, shipping, and iterating on products within an agile software development environment
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports and/or agency partners
- Ability to understand complex business problems and craft effective strategies to tackle them
- Experience with a subscription model, branded consumer goods company preferred
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
- Ability to see around corners to anticipate edge cases and other potential hurdles
- Track record of innovative strategic thinking combined with pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and a bias for action
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and persuade others
- Extremely well organized with the ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Self-starter, willingness, can-do attitude
- Nice to have: familiarity with ML/AI technologies
What’s on the table:
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- High variety and intellectually stimulating work, with the ability to make a positive impact on people’s lives
- Be on the cutting edge of health and high impact new technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits, equity
We'd love to hear from you!