Who We Are
Goode Health is a purpose driven health & wellness company on a mission is to create simple, effective, and science-based solutions to help people live a healthier life. Our nutritional products are clean, affordable, and deliver measurable outcomes that optimizes health for the everyday consumer. We’re making personalized health solutions that seamlessly fit into consumers’ increasingly busy lives, because we believe that optimal health and vitality should be accessible to all.
Unlike generic, one-size-fits-all wellness fads, which may work for one person but not another, Goode Health develops health recommendations based on an individual’s unique biology, metabolism and personal goals. Goode Health takes the guesswork and confusion out of what supplements are right for you by creating an individualized nutrition blueprint for and delivering a physician formulated personalized powdered blend of superfoods right to your doorstep.
At Goode Health, we believe that without data, you’re just another person with an opinion. We believe that health isn’t a place you reach, but the simple process of doing just a little better than yesterday. We believe that self-improvement is a team sport. That’s why Goode Health is creating a community of everyday people building their healthy habits, together. While everything around us has become more personal and quantifiable, people still approach health with a one-size-fits-all mentality. Goode Health leverages science to analyze biomarkers that tell us what our bodies really need for optimal wellbeing.
With a highly differentiated proposition, Goode Health is poised for explosive growth and brand adoption. Joining the team at this early stage is an exciting chance to make your mark on a brand on a mission for good. A mission to make personalized wellness accessible in a category with tremendous tailwinds.
The Goode Health team is comprised of board-certified physicians, scientists, health advisors, technologists, registered dietitians, and business leaders. Goode Health is backed by Palm Ventures.
About the Role
The E-commerce & Digital Marketing Director will be responsible for driving significant growth for Goode Health’s direct-to-consumer ecommerce business by building and scaling the brand through digital media and a dynamic online storefront. This is a tremendous opportunity to scale an early-stage startup in a category seeing explosive growth. You will be accountable for key topline metrics and will collaborate across Goode’s lean team to translate the brand strategy into a vital DTC operation, generating brand awareness, driving conversion, and fueling a word-of-mouth flywheel for the brand.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will be tasked with building the digital marketing capability from the ground up with cross-functional stakeholders and a network of external partners. You must be a hands-on, pragmatic leader and builder capable of flexing from strategic to scrappy in order to build the business.
E-commerce: Develop and execute the strategy to accelerate growth in direct-to-consumer revenue while meeting brand and profitability objectives:
- Build and execute a strategic roadmap for Goode Health’s web presence, including content, navigation, search engine optimization, mobile optimization, and UX/UI.
- Actively engage in ongoing testing and optimization to improve the online user experience
- Collaborate with dev and brand stakeholders to incorporate strategies that drive better site engagement and re-engagement.
- Optimize path-to-purchase across the site ensuring shoppers can easily navigate, learn about our brand, products and services and complete a purchase transaction.
- Build a direct-to-consumer value proposition that translates the brand strategy into an ecommerce that is informative, clear, and inspiring.
- Create an experience that elevates Goode from other competing brands/ services through strong content and community engagement.
- Define consumer lifecycle-based marketing strategies that are on brand and personalized based on their onsite journey. From purchase experience, to order/delivery communication, to packaging, the ecommerce experience should be intuitive, informative, and friendly.
- Develop and lead the implementation of Goode’s promotional strategy, that drives interest and conversions for top customers who will extend our overall LTV.
Digital Marketing: Leverage owned digital assets and paid digital programs to achieve brand and product objectives:
- Collaborate with brand marketing resources to develop a digital marketing and editorial calendar aligned with the brand’s business and merchandise strategy.
- Acquisition / growth marketing: Launch, manage and continuously optimize the balance between paid and unpaid marketing channels.
- Retention/ Lifecycle marketing: Launch, manage and continuously optimize customer marketing to drive reorder engagement, cross-sell, upsell, and positive word-of-mouth.
- Lead CRM strategy and execution. Manage automated email flows to ensure consumers receive the right message at the right time.
- Brief creative partners to develop brand-right assets that fuel brand awareness and conversions.
- Continuously test to optimize existing campaigns, new marketing channels, merchandising features, and other business opportunities to improve the customer experience and grow revenue.
- Develop the appropriate reporting tools, KPIs, and review cadence to enable productive ongoing analysis of digital marketing program performance and key learnings to inform real-time optimizations and budget allocations.
Experience We’re Looking For
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of demonstrated success in a digital marketing leadership role.
- 5+ years of hands-on ecommerce experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing direct reports and/or agency partners.
- Branded consumer goods experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of paid digital media universe, particularly SEM and paid social, and demonstrated ability to build robust digital media plans that deliver results.
- Proficiency in online merchandising, user experience design, and usability best practices.
- Experience building out CRM capabilities, notably email/ SMS journey development.
- Ability to balance brand and performance when developing effective creative assets.
- Solid analytic skills – metrics tracking, dashboard creation, and ability to extract insights from data and calculate program performance.
- Track record of innovative strategic thinking combined with pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution and results delivery.
- Skilled and experienced negotiator.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to motivate and persuade.
- Ability to work across functions to catalyze change in a positive, collaborative, transparent way.
- Self-starter, willingness, can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work under pressure and flex with seasonal demand.
- Experience in Shopify, FB Business Manager, and hands-on ESP knowledge (e.g. Klaviyo, Braze) is a plus.
What’s on the table
- High level of autonomy and responsibility;
- High variety and intellectually stimulating work, with the ability to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Be on the cutting edge of health and high impact new technology.
- Competitive salary, benefits, equity.